Superwinch Tiger Shark Series is an excellent line of winches that can be installed on trucks, SUVs, trailers, or used as a utility winch. Unlike other manufacturers, Superwinch has not limited its line to just one or two models.
Instead, you are getting a choice of 5 winches, with a rated line pull from 9,500 lbs up to 17,500 lbs. Combined with the excellent build quality, Tiger Shark Series represents one of the best options for an entry-level winch.
- Rated Line Pull: 9,500 Lbs - 17,500 Lbs
- Sealed Series Wound 5.2 - 6.5 Horsepower Motor
- 3-stage Planetary Gearing For Models Rated Under 11,500 Lbs
- 4-stage Planetary Gearing For Models Rated Above 13,500 Lbs
- Weather Sealed Solenoid And Circuit Breaker Protected
- Mechanical Brake With Automatic Load Holding
- Heavy Duty Clevis Pinned Latched Hook
- Stainless Steel 4-way Roller Fairlead
- 12’ Rubber Sealed Hand-held Remote
- Pull And Turn, Ergo Clutch For Models Rated Under 13,500 Lbs
- Pull And Turn, Free-spooling Clutch For Models Rated Above 15,500 Lbs
- Limited 2 Year Warranty
- Installed Weight: 90 Lbs - 150 Lbs
Range of Options
Rather than having to overkill with the winch purchase, or always wondering whether it’s powerful enough to get the job done, you can choose exactly what you need with one of the five Tiger Shark Series models. Starting at 9,500 pounds, the rated pull line goes up by 2,000 pounds for each subsequent model, all the way to 17,500 pounds.
The 9,500 and 11,500 lbs models are fitted with 3-stage planetary gearing, while the three options above have 4-stage planetary gearing. Amp Motor draw is between 340 Amps and 460 Amps at maximum line pull, depending on the model. All of the options achieve respectable line speeds under load.
Build quality and materials used are heavily emphasized by Superwinch to establish the difference between the Tiger Shark Series and other options at this price range. Stainless steel hardware, tie bars, and fairlead rollers ensure a rust-free and durable winch that will retain its looks for many years.
Gears are all-metal and steel-cut for added strength, while the solenoid is completely sealed to prevent damage from the elements. Twenty years of experience and great work by the engineers resulted in a winch worthy of the “standard issue” title.
Knowing that you’re making a risk-free purchase is just as important as everything else, and with the Superwinch Tiger Shark Series, you’ll get the peace of mind you deserve. A limited 2-year warranty is more than enough time for any manufacturing error to emerge and be addressed, but the renowned Superwinch quality ensures that it never even comes to that.
What is the thickness and length of the wire cable?
It's 1/2 inch diameter and 90 feet long
Does the 15500 winch have the same mounting bolt pattern as the 13500?
Yes, almost all Superwinch winches are 10”x4.5” standard bolt pattern