Poison Spyder DeFender Front 5” Tapered Fender Flares are the armor your Jeep Wrangler TJ needs to endure the off-road conditions. The revolutionary design paired with high quality steel or aluminum has resulted in one of the best fender flare options on the market. If you’re looking for extra protection but also care about style, Poison Spyder DeFender flares are a sensible choice.
- Designed to be a Perfect Fit on a Wrangler TJ
- Sold as a Pair of Front Fender Flares
- Made out of Aluminum or Steel
- The material does not have a Coating or a Finish
- Requires Painting or Powder Coating prior to Installation
- 5” Tapered Flare
- Increases Front Tire Clearance
- Made using CNC Laser-cut, Precision Brake-formed Metal Plate
- Provides Easy Access for Installation
- Accepts Hi-Intensity LED Marker Lamps
- Includes a Custom Bracket for Lifting the Stock Battery Tray Higher
- 1-Year Warranty
Poison Spyder has invested a lot of effort into designing the best aftermarket flare for Jeep Wrangler TJ. Defenders with the 5” tapered flare provide more coverage over the tire to protect against mud, water, and debris, as well as to comply with local regulations. The design also contributes to impressive tire clearance because the back of the arch is 4” further back than the stock flares.
The original Poison Spyder tube fender design has been replicated and borrowed by many aftermarket flare manufacturers. However, with the new design of the DeFender flares, Poison Spyder retakes its place as the industry leader.
The outer edges of the DeFender are brake-formed into a 3-sided rub rail, making it more resistant to impact and scraping. The 3/16” (.188”) aluminum or steel is considerably thicker than typically used. Carried throughout the structure, it results in an extremely durable flare that is capable of enduring more than any other option.
With the DeFender fender flares, you know you’re getting the best product. Still, it’s nice knowing that should any manufacturing issues come up, you can rely on Poison Spyder to take care of the issue!