For a proper, flatty fender look sported by the old-school Jeeps, you might want to get the Gen II 6-Inch Fenders by MCE. Made out of high-grade TPO, Gen II flares back their design with off-road strength and the ability to flex under impact to protect the Jeep from damage.
- Sold as a Set of Front, Rear, or Four Fenders
- Constructed Using Thermoplastic Olefin (TPO)
- 6-Inch Wide Flatty Design
- Custom Made for Jeep Wrangler TJ
- UV-Stable, OEM Inspired Raw Black Finish
- Does Not Come With Side Marker Lights
- Designed and Built in the USA
- Lifetime Warranty Against Cracking
- Installs Over Trimmed Stock Fenders to Retain Inner Fender
The aggressive design of MCE Fenders changes the appearance of a Wrangler TJ entirely. These flat 6-inch flares offer more clearance to accommodate larger tires and further improve off-road capability. Color-stable, Gen II flares are painted black with a smooth finish reminiscent of OEM flares.
Some Jeep enthusiasts prefer aluminum or steel fenders, but plastic is generally as good at providing protection, and in the case of MCE, can even outperform the metal competitors.
The reason why Gen II flares work really well in the off-road environment is their ability to flex without breaking. The common problem with steel fenders is that without proper support, the body panels will give in before the fender does. MCE Gen II fenders flex on impact and absorb the energy instead of transferring it.
MCE Lifetime Guarantee
The improvements in the manufacturing process, material compounds, and design have greatly increased the durability of TPO fenders. MCE’s 6-Inch Width Fenders are so strong, they come with a lifetime warranty against cracking, no matter the conditions you drive in!
Time Required: 1-2 Hours
For Generation II Fenders:
- Cutting device for sheet metal (reciprocating saw, cut-off wheel, etc.)
- Center punch
- 1/4” drill bit
- 13MM wrench or socket (for OE fender-grille bolts)
- 15MM wrench or deep socket (for hood latch)
- 3/8” wrench or socket (for Nylock nuts)
- 1/8” Hex wrench (for cap screw)
- Ink marker (for marking cut lines)
- 7/16” wrench (for OE flair)
- Philips driver for drill
For Rear Flare
- 5/16” wrench, socket, or driver
- 1/8” Allen wrench
- 3/8” socket or end wrench
- 9/64 inch drill bit
- Clamps (minimum of 2) - optional
- Silicone RTV
MCE Fenders 6-Inch Width Jeep Wrangler TJ (Generation II Fenders) Installation Guide
MCE Fenders 6-Inch Width Jeep Wrangler TJ (Rear Flare) Installation Guide