The YAKIMA Ridgeback Tilt-Away Hitch Bike Rack Series is a quick and easy addition that will provide room for up to 5 bikes to be stored safely and securely during your travels. A series of innovative features simplify everyday use and ensure you’ll get the use most out of your purchase.
- Fully Assembled And Ready For Use
- New Upperhand Lever Tilts Rack Down For Tailgate/Trunk Access
- Folds Flat For Storage
- New Zipstrips Secure Bikes To The Rack And Are Fully Removable
- Tool-Free Speedknob Quickly Tightens And Locks The Rack To The Vehicle
- Anti-Sway Cradles Eliminate Bike-To-Bike Contact
- Yakima Signature Bottle Opener Included
- Tubetop Attachment For Non-Conventional Bike Frames Sold Separately
- Handcuff Locking Cable For Bike Security Is Sold Separately
- Fits 1.25” And 2” Hitch Receivers
- The Capacity Of 2, 4, Or 5 Bikes
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Convenient to Use
From the moment you receive your fully assembled Yakima Ridgeback Bike rack, you will notice how ergonomic and light it is. Installing is a quick process that requires no extra tools thanks to the SpeedKnob feature. Compared to roof racks, the Yakima Ridgeback hitch rack provides an easier method of loading and unloading your bikes.
The fully removable ZipStrips are used for securing individual bikes to the rack. Once you’re on the road, anti-sway cradles handle the bike positions to prevent any contact between them. Through the use of the UpperHand lever, you can tilt the whole rack down and access the rear of your vehicle, or fold the entire rack flat for storage.
Choose the Capacity
The Yakima Ridgeback Tilt-Away Hitch Bike Rack not only offers an excellent option for easy transport of bikes but also comes in 3 variants to provide the optimal capacity for any user. You have a choice between a bike capacity of 2, 4, or 5, so whether you’re using it just for yourself or for the whole family, the Yakima Ridgeback is the best option!
Nothing proves the build quality of a product like a good warranty policy from the manufacturer. YAKIMA backs every Ridgeback Tilt-Away Hitch Bike Rack model with a limited lifetime warranty against any manufacturing issues or component failure.
Do these really fit 4 & 5 Bikes?
From what we’ve seen in practice, it’s best to assume you won’t get the full amount of bikes on there. For instance, the 4-bike rack I would assume you will only get 3 on there. This changes from person to person, depending on size/orientation of the bikes but typically, the above applies.